Coworking spaces are increasingly becoming the norm these days. Most businesses are beginning to see the benefits that coworking spaces can offer. Think saving costs by incurring less rent and utility bills.
With that being said, Singapore is dotted with coworking spaces. Oftentimes, this makes it difficult to choose one that suits your business best. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up 12 of the best coworking spaces in Singapore for you to make an informed decision.
You’ll get to better understand the terms of their unique selling propositions so you can compare, contrast, and make a better decision!
What Are Coworking Spaces And Why Have They Become So Popular?
Coworking spaces are places where people can work together even if they’re not part of the same company. Entrepreneurs and freelancers can hire an office building that would otherwise be too expensive for their means.
Since startups are on the rise in Singapore, along with freelancers and remote workers, coworking spaces became a thing.
Why Do People / Businesses Choose Coworking Spaces?
There are many benefits of coworking spaces, such as:
Renting your own office space would mean paying more in monthly rent compared to a coworking space.
To put things into perspective, renting your own office space will cost you about $3,000 – $4,000 per month at places such as Paya Lebar / Ubi. However, the rental fee increases significantly in central business district areas (e.g. Robinsons Road / Raffles Place). They can range anywhere from $6,500 – $12,000 per month or even higher. Moreover, these also exclude furniture, utility and cleaning costs.
In contrast, a hot desk will set you back by about $300 – $500 per month. You also won’t have to incur additional costs such as utility and internet fees.
If your business doesn’t require full time work, and just need a couple of hours a few times per week, you can get a significant deduction from various coworking spaces. Or, if your business allows your employees to work remotely, renting a hot desk will also be a good idea.
Freelancers and entrepreneurs know how difficult it is to network. That said, renting an office together with other people from all walks of life can be a blessing in disguise.
Getting to know other people around the water cooler, in the pantry or at office events is a good form of networking. You get to talk about work, share ideas and the latest business insights, and have a better understand what what the other party is working on.
3. Peace And Quiet
If you’re a remote worker, you know that working from home might have initially sounded like a dream, but it’s not. If there are kids or pets around, you’ll be interrupted a thousand times per day. Even without these, your bed can prove to be a huge distraction as well.
Instead, a coworking space allows you to focus on your work much better than you would at home or a Starbucks.
4. Business Meetings
Even if working from home poses no difficulties on a day-by-day basis, it can still be weird to conduct business meetings from your living room or kitchen.
If you don’t wish to talk business in a crowded restaurant, renting a coworking space a few times per month is a good solution for these meetings.
5. Family-friendly Options
Various coworking spaces offer family-friendly options. These include childcare centers for people who prefer to be near their children during their workday. Apart from spending your breaks with your kids, the advantage is that you don’t have to take them to daycare and travel after work to pick them up.
What Are The 12 Best Coworking Spaces In Singapore?
Without further ado, here are the top places to consider, along with their subscription prices:
The offices here look incredibly elegant, with luscious leather sofas, supple desks, and rich colors. Complimentary breakfasts and Monday massages, plus office events are just some of the highlights.
- 1 George St, Level 10, Singapore 049145
- 3, #17/18 Temasek Ave, Centennial Tower, Singapore 039190
- 391B Orchard Rd, Level 22, Ngee Ann City Tower B, Singapore 238874
- 328 North Bridge Road #02-20 Raffles Hotel, Arcade, Singapore 188719
Price: $70 – $1,500 per month
The Workshop is an affordable coworking space, best for people working in creative industries or freelancers. Its minimalist, functional office design makes it easy to focus on your job. Moreover, another advantage is that it has 24/7 accessibility.
- 5008 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, #04-09 Techplace II, Singapore 569874
- 12 Kallang Ave, #01-56, Singapore 339511
Price: $220 – $650 per month
Tucked in the arts enclave in Brash Basah, smartspace offers clients with a wide range of facilities. From meeting rooms, work stations, to private desks, and even a table tennis table, smartspace is the epitome of work hard, play hard.
They are also known for their friendly and affordable rates.
- 261 Waterloo Street, #03-32 Waterloo Centre, Singapore 180261
Price: $30/day – $600 per month
Another affordable option, Cospace Park, sits near the healthcare area of One-North. The main advantage is to night-owls thanks to its 24/7 access. Besides, the membership includes access to networking events, wellness classes, or expert talks.
- 43 Science Park Road #01-11, Singapore 117408
Price: $250 – $2,400 per month
Found 8’s unique selling proposition is creating an environment that focuses on innovation and self-development. A membership at Found 8 comes with plenty of networking options, from mentors and coaches to potential clients, partners and investors.
- 128 Prinsep St, #01-01, Singapore 188655
- 79 Anson Rd, #23-01, Singapore 079906
- 100 Amoy St, Singapore 069920
- 29A Cuppage Rd, Cuppage Terrace, Singapore 229456
- 1 North Bridge Rd, #08-08 High Street Centre, Singapore 179094
Price: $90 – $900 per month
If you’re a creative, there’s nothing better to get your creative juices flowing than working from an imposing historical building. An affordable space, The Working Capitol offers various lifestyle facilities, where you can mingle and network at various events or the rooftop bar.
- 1 Keong Saik Rd., The Working Capitol, Singapore 089109
Price: $79 – $760 per month
Just Co understands that entrepreneurs and freelancers are extremely stressed, so it created an environment that helps people unwind. The offices are wide and not at all claustrophobic, with the addition of an arcade room and ping-pong table.
Centrally located on our sunny island, this is where you can blow off more steam at a nearby gym or pub.
- 120 Robinson Rd, #15-01, Singapore 068913
- 20 Collyer Quay, Level 1, Singapore 049319
- 51 Bras Basah Rd, Level 5 & 6, Singapore 189554
- 6 Raffles Quay #16-01, Singapore 048580
- 8 Shenton Way AXA Tower #50-01, Singapore 068811
- 12 Marina View Asia Square Tower 2 #23-01, Singapore 018961
- 18 Cross Street, #02-101, Singapore 048423
- 40A Orchard Road, MacDonald House, #03-01, Singapore 238838
- 8 Cross Street Manulife Tower #28-01, Singapore 048424
- 7 Straits View, Marina One East Tower, #05-01, Singapore 018936
- 3 Church Street Samsung Hub #25-01, Singapore 049483
- 63 Chulia Street, Singapore 049514
- 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, #03-308, Singapore 039594
- 9 Straits View, Marina One West Tower, #05-07, Singapore 018937
- 176 Orchard Rd, Level 4 – 6, Singapore 238843
- 5 Shenton Way, UIC Building, #10-01, Singapore 068808
- 10 Collyer Quay, #16-01 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
- 1 Gateway Drive Westgate Tower #07-01, Singapore 608531
Price: $98 – $800 per month
The Hive is a vibrant coworking space for people who prefer a social atmosphere that reminds you of working in a coffee shop. The Hive is distinguished by other spaces through its special rates for young entrepreneurs, new companies and start-ups.
Moreover, if you are in the production line, their Lavender outlet will be perfect for you! They offer studios and fully equipped workshops.
- 59 New Bridge Rd, Singapore 059405,
- 36 Carpenter St, Singapore, 059915,
- Level 6, Vanguard Building, 1 Kallang Junction, Singapore, 339263
Price: $250 – $600 per month
With its large windows and dynamic white/ green color combinations, Wotso is a good choice for undemanding, laid-back, hard-working people. Wotso is also a unique choice for dog lovers who can bring their pet to work. Besides, the sky terrace offers a relaxing space for meditation during a hectic day.
- The Quadrant, 19 Cecil St, Singapore 049704
Price: $300 per month
Level3 is a good choice for its access to Unilever Foundry events, along with various mentorship options. The membership includes pro-bono advice for business, financial and legal matters.
To spice things up a little, they also offer Fitness First membership, plus discounts for food and drinks at the Mapletree Business City.
- Mapletree Business City, 20 Pasir Panjang Road, #03-22/24, Singapore 117439
Price: $100 – $650 per month
If you’re an entrepreneur designer, Paperwork has your name on it. This coworking space distinguishes itself through the focus it places on collaborative work and co-creation.
- 111 Middle Road #03-01 National Design Centre, Singapore 188969
Price: $40 per day – $1,700 per month
If you’re a working parent, Treehaus is a multi-functional space that offers edutainment classes for your little ones! These include classes such as songs, short stories, phonics and numeracy. While your child is kept busy, you’ll get to enjoy access to meeting rooms, lockers, office amenities and special invitations to networking events and workshops!
- 109 North Bridge Road, #07-21 to #07-33, Singapore 179097
Price: $480 – $1,800 per month